Build your wellness toolkit in community!
Long Spell’s signature group consultations are a unique form of community care offering focused, holistic support on specific health topics.
Group Spells is participatory, accessible herbalism in an intimate group setting, guided by clinical energetic herbalist Gina Badger. Modelled after community acupuncture and group therapy, Group Spells is a way to access clinical herbal care at a lower cost, while also benefiting from the wisdom of the group. Each Group Spells session is focused on a key aspect of health: rest, digestion, or immunity.
What does this look like in practice? In the week leading up to your live session, watch a 90-minute video introducing key concepts and herbs that will orient you to the topic at hand. During your live session, reflection questions guide you in assessing how you are already taking care of yourself, what additional support you need, and how you can take concrete steps towards integrating herbs and simple practices into your daily routine. Participants are invited to share, witness, and offer support within the group container.
Following the live session, Gina will create a custom herbal formula for you to work with.
Key Aspects of Health
- Resource your nervous system and meet stress with more resilience
- Enhance your rest and restoration with calming adaptogens
- Explore supportive sleep routines, from structured to intuitive
- Stoke your digestive fire with delicious custom bitters formulas
- Ease upset tummies, gas, and bloating with carminative herbs
- Learn why herbalists are obsessed with talking about poop
- Connect the dots between stress, digestion, and immunity
- Replenish your immune reservoir with deep immune formulas
- Design a routine for when you feel like you’re getting sick
Live 90-minute session:
- Small group so we can create a strong container
- Self-assessment questions help you focus your work and identify health goals
- Share your experience with the group & witness others’ similar process
- Only accessible live (not recorded)
Pre-recorded 90-minute presentation:
- Overview of the month’s theme, anatomy and physiology, materia medica (all about the plants), and basic formulation
- Watch at any point before the live sessions
- After your live session, you will collaborate with Gina to create a custom herbal formula
- Your formula will be shipped to you (shipping charged separately)
When & Where Do We Meet?
Group Spells is currently fully registered. Add yourself to the waiting list and you’ll be notified the next time registration opens up.
Waiting List Signup
What’s the cost?
$99 + applicable taxes / month
Financial accessibility and mutual aid:
For marginalized people with financial need, a limited number of spots are available at a reduced rate of $49
Payment plans and discount are both described in more detail in the registration questionnaire
5% of proceeds will be donated to BIPOC-led mutual aid, organizing, or herbal education projects
Excited about community-powered resource redistribution? Read more about Long Spell’s programs here
Registration in Group Spells constitutes commitment to the full program, even when paying by payment plan. When filling out the registration form, please ensure you are available for the date(s) and time(s) selected, as we will not be able to accommodate refunds, cancellations or exchanges.
Long Spell’s financial approach is highly considered for accessibility and it only works due to mutual respect. I am a self-employed person without backup income, and these boundaries are in place to respect my time, energy, and ability to support myself with this work. Thank you for your collaboration!
Is this for me?
This offering is for anyone who wants to build their self-care tools to support foundational resilience, and who’s ready to learn about the practical application of safe, accessible herbs
Group Spells is a highly participatory space that relies on everyone bringing their sparkly selves to the shared experience. If you’re not comfortable being on camera or sharing your embodied experience with a small group, this offering may not be the best fit for you
Open to current clients as well as folks new to my practice
Meet your herbalist
I’m Gina Badger, and I’m the Clinical Energetic Herbalist who runs Group Spells. The reason I love group work is that it upholds herbalism as the people’s medicine: financially accessible, participatory, and plugged into community. Creating a shared space to learn about and deepen our healing, together, is powerful magic that honours the plants, the earth, and our collectivity. Learn more about my approach here.